Cashiers, Glenville, Lake Toxaway and Sapphire may look like laid back, sleepy little villages on the exterior, but don't let that fool you. Behind the quiet facade is an entire workforce of professionals, skilled tradesmen, master craftsmen, enterprising small business owners and many many more who are the economic backbones of our communities.
Deciding to open or move your business here is also gives you access to the burgeoning economies of greater Western North Carolina, offering a location that's rich in resources while short on the additional stress that simply living and working in a much larger metropolis can bring with them.
Still not convinced? More than 1200 manufacturing companies and 300 technology companies would like to show you otherwise. In addition to the wonderful quality of life we enjoy in the Blue Ridge mountains, the 23-county region boasts:*
- A fiber optics network and other broadband connectivity that puts us light years ahead of other largely rural regions.
- Available and affordable certified industrial buildings and sites.
- Attractive tax incentives and grants.
- Organized networks of entrepreneurs and angel investors.
- Excellent universities, community colleges and private colleges.
- A skilled, creative and motivated workforce of more than half a million.
- A transportation infrastructure that includes two interstates with easy access to three more.
- World-class recreation opportunities.
- Vibrant cities and towns.
- National heritage destinations, including the home of the Eastern Band of Cherokee Indians.
- Extraordinary arts, crafts and music.
- A mild climate.
- One of the world’s most biologically diverse ecosystems.
Everything you need is in Western North Carolina. Improve your supply chain. Improve your golf game. Improve your bottom line.
* Data provided by AdvantageWest Economic Development Group, the regional economic development partner for the 23 counties of western North Carolina.