Christmas Parade Lineup Details
WHEN | Saturday, December 12, 2020. Lineup starts at 11:00 a.m. The parade starts at noon
WHERE | South end of Cashiers School Road by United Methodist Church
LINEUP NUMBER | will be finalized the week of the parade and sent via email to participants.
PARADE ROUTE | The one-mile parade route starts on Highway 107 South and heads North towards the Cashiers Crossroads where participants are announced to the crowd. The parade then turns left on US Hwy 64 heading West and ends at the intersection of Frank Allen Road at the Cashiers Community Center
COMMUNITY LUNCHEON | Hosted by Cashiers Cares with the help of Rotary Club of Cashiers Valley will take place at the Cashiers Community Center following the Parade
LIVE BROADCAST | wnclive.com
Cashiers school road will be one-way and will remain one-way until the Parade ends.
Parade numbers will be communicated the Wednesday before the parade. PLEASE make every effort to display your number prominently at the front of your parade entry. It will serve as your lineup location on Cashiers School Road and as identification for live announcements at the Cashiers Crossroads.
LINEUP DETAILS Thank you for your respect and understanding of others during this special event. Please remember:
- Safety must be of primary concern during the parade and especially while distributing candy to spectators along the parade route.
- Only one live Santa and one Mrs. Claus will be featured in the parade as designated by the Chamber.
- No participants may use their entry for partisan promotion or political statements.
The lineup starts at 11:00 a.m. on Cashiers School Road. No entry is permitted at the northernmost road access by Cornucopia. All parade traffic must enter Cashiers School Road by the United Methodist Church. (Please see map for additional reference.)
Chamber staff will check in all participants in their designated lineup locations prior to the parade start. It is your organization's responsibility to be ready for the parade promptly at noon. If needed, the parade director and staff will be stationed at Cornucopia.
Please do not change or trade your lineup number/location. The lineup is determined by entry length & variety, animal allergies, noise levels, and other influences and is coordinated for live public broadcast at the Crossroads. Call the Cashiers Area Chamber before the end of day Thursday, prior to the parade with any special needs. 828-743-5191
Dillard-Jones parking lot is reserved for Rosman High School Tiger Marching Band
Cornucopia Restaurant parking lot is reserved for all large animal entries* and serves as the designated lineup and staging area*Immediate removal of any animal waste from ALL areas is MANDATORY! Thank you!
RAIN OR SHINE Saturday, at noon. If weather conditions become a parade safety concern, after consulting with local law, rescue and emergency authorities, a contingency announcement will be made by 1:00 p.m. Friday, December 13. Communications will also appear on social media @CashiersAreaChamber and on www.CashiersAreaChamber.com
FOR STUDENTS & PARENTS
- Cashiers school road will be one-way and will remain one-way until the Parade ends.
- Student Drop Off Traffic will be directed to enter Cashiers School Road from 107 South next to the Methodist Church and continue on Cashiers School Road to drop off their child with their participating entry. All traffic is asked to continue through and exit Cashiers School Road at Cornucopia. No parking is permitted along Cashiers School Road on parade day.
- Summit Charter School drop-off and designated lineup staging area is at the intersection of Cashiers School Road and Zeb Alley Road. All drop-off traffic must continue through and Exit the North end of Cashiers School Road at Cornucopia.
- Cashiers Valley Preschool parking lot is reserved as the Preschool’s designated lineup & staging area. All drop-off traffic must continue through and Exit the North end of Cashiers School Road at Cornucopia.