In 2015, a permanent, feature banner frame with a professional pulley system was installed by the Chamber on the northwest corner of the Cashiers Crossroads. Along with the Chamber's onsite banner frame, the three banner displays are for the purpose of promoting non-profit organization events and must follow specific guidelines including content, graphics, dimensions, pole pockets, wind slits and lettering information detailed below. The Cashiers Area Chamber maintains the schedule for banner hanging and banner display is subject to Chamber approval. Banner reservation is required.
Submit your banner reservation to Thomas Taulbee via email, email@example.com, in person at the Chamber Office 202 US Hwy 64 W or call 828-743-5191. An email confirmation will be sent to you. RESERVATIONS ARE REQUIRED - NO EXCEPTION!
ALL BANNERS MUST BE ONE-SIDED ONLY, EXACTLY 4’ BY 12’, HAVE 3” TOP AND BOTTOM ROD POCKETS (NO GROMMETS) AND INCLUDE WIND SLITS. NO EXCEPTIONS. POLES AND CONNECTIONS WILL BE PROVIDED AND WILL REMAIN ON SITE. Banner quotes available with Chamber member business PlateauPro (828) 371-5780.
- Approvals are prioritized by date, duration and seasonal demand.
- Non-Profit event date/s, details and information must be prominent.
- In periods of high demand, banners may be rotated with the Chamber’s onsite frame and the Crossroads Banner Stands for maximum exposure.
- The duration may be shortened to accommodate as many requests as possible.
- Banners will not be posted more than 14 days in advance and must be removed within 24 hours of the event conclusion.
- Banners must be picked up from the Chamber within 7 days of the event conclusion. If not, they will be disposed of.
- Sold out events cannot be accommodated due to the high demand by other community organizations.
Banners must be delivered to the Chamber offices at least 3 days prior to the scheduled display date. Chamber Staff will manage hanging the banner and remove the banner. Banners must be picked up at the Cashiers Chamber Office via the covered front porch within one week or they will be disposed of. Banners CANNOT be stored by the Chamber after use.
Helpful Hints & Requirements for Messaging & Readability
INFORMATION - Feature your event name, organization, location & date prominently on your banner. Provide additional contact information such as website address. County regulations do not allow any commercialism. Non-profit activity information must be the predominant graphic.
FONT STYLE & SIZE - Use a boldface font 4” high or larger, contrast colors and sufficient spacing for readability.
COLOR SCHEME - Black, red or white lettering against a contrasting background will increase your visibility by more than 10%
CUSTOMIZATION - Use adhesive vinyl lettering for dates or times for easy, cost-effective changes year to year.
GRAPHICS - Use 300 dpi high-resolution graphics to avoid pixelation
For additional exposure, add event information to www.Cashiers411.com - the comprehensive online community calendar for Plateau activities.